Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My Modified Distortion pedal

 
Few years ago I’ve been using Digitech Rp80 that I borrowed from a friend. It’s a nice multi effect pedal that has a lot of patches where you can actually edit and create your own patch. But during that time I was looking for a specific sound for distortion. I decided to buy my own guitar pedal. As a newbie in buying pedals I bought a Boss DS1 distortion pedal because it is famous and I heard a lot of good things about this pedal. During the time that I bought it I don’t know that there are a lot of differences for each distortion pedal. What I know is that, whatever brand you got it is the same with the others since it is a distortion pedal. I thought that I just wasted my money because I was never really satisfied with it because I’m not getting the right distortion for the genre that I like and it doesn’t have a natural sound when you use it live. So what I did is I had it modified by a friend who is a fan of Marshall amps. He made my Boss DS1 sound like a Marshall Amp! I was really amazed with the transformation of my pedal. He called it Boss DS1 Britmod now my pedal has clarity, better tone, open mids and has a higher volume than a stock Boss DS1. I can say that It’s an amp in a box  rather than bees in a box! Right now I can get the sounds of  Nuno Bettencourt, Paul Gilbert or ACDC.


No comments:

Post a Comment